Category: Chicken / Eggs
15 mins Serves:
- 1/2 cup chicken strips or cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced onions layers separated
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp of finely chopped ginger pieces (optional, but adds a great aroma)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice (adjust)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala or biryani masala powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 15 to 20 curry leaves washed and chopped
- 4 to 6 tbsp. besan or chickpea flour (adjust as per needed, this depends on how much moisture your chicken expels after we marinate)
- 1 tbsp. corn flour or semolina
- Oil to deep fry
Preparation for chicken pakoda
Making chicken pakoda
- Cut chicken to thin strips of 2 by 3/4 inch. Refer the pictures. Wash and drain up the water thoroughly.
- Mix together chicken, onions, curry leaves, ginger, ginger garlic paste, green chili, red chili powder, masala powder, turmeric, lemon juice and salt. Set aside for 20 to 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Add in the flour, cornflour or semolina as needed to make stiff moist dough. If needed sprinkle little water to the dough and do not make it floury either. Just use enough flour to bind them.
- When the oil is hot enough, drop these chicken pieces one after the other along with the onions. Do not crowd them in the kadai. Keep stirring and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Once all the pakoras are done, refry all the pakoras in batches for 1 to 2 mins to keep them extra crisp. Take care not to burn.
Serve crispy chicken pakora as a appetizer.
do not fry these in very hot oil, as they will turn brown without cooking inside.
Recipe by: http://indianhealthyrecipes.com/crispy-chicken-pakora-recipe-how-to-make-andhra-style-chicken-pakoda/